Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Building a Snowman

Cynthia(Nanny):
Once again, improvising with our lack of snow in Texas, I cut shapes out of foam pieces and had the girls build a Snowman.
They even told me they were missing a scarf and broom, so we were able to add those pieces to their picture.
To add a language development component I had them practice telling me about their snowman in complete sentences.



Arielle (mommy):  We built snowmen too! O is 2 now and Lil is 4 so I altered the activit a bit for each of them.

For Lil I cut out a hat, mittens, scarf, and a carrot nose.  I gave her markers, a white sheet of paper, yarn and glue.  I had her draw her own snowman and put then decorate it with the cutouts.  Then I let her use the small yarn peices to decorate the winter accessories.

For O I cut everything out for him, put the glue on the paper, and had him place the cutouts where he wanted them.  Then he used a black marker to draw the face.


No comments:

Post a Comment