Friday, December 13, 2013

5 Senses of Christmas: Sensory Pool

Arielle (mommy): to explore the sense of touch in a festive way I decided to create a sensory experience using wrapping paper, ribbon, and various ornaments.  I admit it's not really pretty, it looks like a bit of a mess, but the kids had a blast in it!

I get a little stressed out by sensory tubs.  Whether they are rice, sand, water beads, Cheerios, it doesn't matter.  They stress me out because of the huge potential for messes.  That's why I decided to use a kiddie pool.  I loved using the kiddie pool so much I think we will use it for painting and other messy projects while it's too cold to go outside.

O had a great time just playing in the paper and touching everything.  Lil had a blast wrapping ornaments in the paper scraps and tying them with ribbon.  Then she put the gifts under the tree.  This kept them both (quietly) busy for almost an hour!  


2 comments:

  1. Totally fantastic! Appealing to adults with the title and really allowing children to let lose and experience! Want to do this with so many other things! Better than a water/sand
    table maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and I like the title, Sensory Pool!

    ReplyDelete