Monday, December 2, 2013

CHRISTmas: 2D Shape Nativity

Arielle (mommy):

To start off the Christmas season I want to get the kids focused on the true meaning of Christmas, so we will be learning about the story of Jesus' birth.

To get them interested, I showed them a clip from the Veggie Tales Move The Christmas Star, which tells the story well.  After talking about the story, we did a fun art project that incorporated shapes as well.

To prepare I cut a lot of 2D shapes in different colors for both Lil and O, then gave them the shapes and a glue stick to put nativity scenes together.

This is what O did:
I guess he's not ready...I should have used fabric, felt, or at least laminated his shapes.  He had fun anyway and at least this kept him from attacking Lil's work.

As he "worked" Lil did too:


They has fun, it was a good shape review and it makes some cute artwork for the walls.


No comments:

Post a Comment