Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Tree Puzzles

Cynthia(Nanny))
I cut out a Christmas tree and decorated it with letter ornaments. The letters spelled the girls names but since they were arranged diagonally they weren't able to recognize it on their own. I did ask them to name the letters, which they did. 
So, I decorated and cut apart the tree into 4 pieces. 
I drew an outline of the tree on another sheet of construction paper to make it a little easier to see. Then, I modeled how to put the tree together and then had the girls try. 
They needed a little help with the direction of the two middle pieces but overall did a great job sticking with it. 
The last step was gluing the pieces in place. 

Guru Moment: Puzzles are such important brain exercises for all kids. They don't always have to be store bought. You can make your own by cutting apart any picture or image. (Fewer pieces for younger kids) 
I need to find time to make laminated puzzles with maybe some Velcro to make them reusable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment