Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fall: 3D Thankful Pumpkin

Arielle (Mommy):
Everyday on Facebook I have been noticing my friends posting day by day what they are thankful for.  Today we began thinking about Thanksgiving at our house as we continued our pumpkin theme.

First I cut orange strips out of construction paper (the long way).  Then Lil and I talked about Thanksgiving and being thankful.  I asked her to name things she was thankful for, and as she did, I wrote each thing on a strip of paper (Jesus, God, Mommy, Daddy, O, our dog Charlie, and dolls).  Next we layered the strips in a star formation on top of eachother, then we folded them so they all met at the top.  We taped the top from the inside and the outside, then added a green circle to hide th tape.  To make a stem, I rolled a green strip of paper up, then cut and folded the bottom so it had a base I could glue it to.  Next I cut out a vine and wrote "I am thankful for..."




No comments:

Post a Comment