Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall: Apple Core Numbers

Arielle (mommy):
It has been way too long since I've posted a math activity.  I thought of this one and knew it would be great for our apple theme.

Lil and I made 6 apple cores by cutting out 6 ovals and cutting them lengthwise it half, then I cut out 6 rectangles.  I put them together to look like apple cores.  Then we painted some pinto beans black for our apple seeds.  After we glued the cores on, I wrote numerals one through six on the bottom of the apples and the number words on the top of the apples.

After it was all ready, Lil glued the correct number of "seeds" on each apple.


Guru moment:
This was too easy for Lil.  Next time I will write the words and have her write the numerals.  I could also go up to ten or start at 6 and go up from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment