Monday, October 28, 2013

Fall: Pumpkin Art Projects

Collaged pumpkins

Arielle (mommy):
An old standby I always like to do as a kinder teacher was the tear art projects, tear art rainbows, tear art apples, tear art letters, etc.  To do tear art you fill in an outline with torn up peices of construction paper.  To make this a little more interesting, we used magazines today to create a tear art pumpkin.  

First we looked through magazines and cut out all the orange objects we could find (and a little bit of green for the stem).  After we gathered lots of orange pictures, I drew an outline of a pumpkin for Lil to fill in.  

She glued the orange (and green) peices to fill in her pumpkin, then I cut it out and had her glue it to black construction paper.  When she was finished I had her copy the work pumpkin with white crayon onto the paper.




Cynthia (Nanny): Paper Jack-o-lanterns

I precut a pumpkin shape and black triangles out of construction paper for the girls to create their own jack-o-lanterns.  I prompted them by asking what they needed to glue on and they responded with eyes and a nose.  I showed them how to use the small triangles to make a mouth.  I thought we were done but Little Sister said that we should add some hair. Great Iidea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment