Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall: Counting Apples Mini-Book

Mommy (Arielle):
Today we reviewed numbers one through 10 using our apple theme.  We created a counting book with apples on apple trees.  

I folded 3 pages of copy paper in half, cut them, then put all the pages together to make the book.  Next I cut out  green tops for the trees and brown trunks.  We glued a tree on each page (11 trees in all since we used on for the cover).  I wrote numbers 1-10 on the trucks, and on each page wrote "I have ___ apples."  

I had Lil identify the number on each page, then use red finger paint to show the correct number of apples.

After the paint dried I had Lil go back and write the number of apples on each page in the blank space.

Finally, Lil got to read her pattern book.  She will add it to her browsing box (box of books she can "read") which will help her with reading confidence as well as counting and number identification.


No comments:

Post a Comment