Friday, October 18, 2013

Watercolor Relief Alphabet Chart

Mommy (Arielle):
Today we did a fun letter review art project with a couple of friends.  We made water color and crayon relief paintings of the entire alphabet.

Before the activity, drew the grid on construction paper.  5 1.5 inch lines across the top and 6 2 inch lines down the side.  I drw in pencil.

To begin the project, I had the girls trace my grid lines in different colored crayons.  Next I had them write all the letters of the alphabet on the chart (one letter per rectangle).  Last, we got out the water color paint and I had hem color each individual rectangle using different paint colors.  The effect is neat since the paint doesn't stick to the crayons, it shows through.


(The crayons showed better after it dried)

Guru moment:  To incorporate math next time I will have them paint the rectangles in a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment