Sunday, October 27, 2013

Letter Z

Arielle (mommy):
Going through the alphabet this way has been a lot of fun, but I can't say I'm sad to be done!

Imtroduction:  Lil is pretty familiar with the letter Z and it's sound so we had a little fun making Z with the kids toys and learning manipulatives.  It was fun for us to look through the toys and think what we could use and how we could use them to make the letter.



Writing:
Lil practiced writing Z using some of the different tools in the Nick Jr. Draw and Play app.  This is one of the only paid apps I have (I bought it when it went on sale) but it is great because it offers a ton of different tools and creativity for budding artists.  There are even animated stickers, fireworks, and bouncy balls that keep kids excited.  I have spent a small amount of time playing it and was entertained.  This app really proved to be an engaging way for Lil to practice writing.


Craft:  Z dresses up as a zebra

Cynthia (Nanny) 
Today we only had time to create the last page (yaaaay!) in our ABC book. I really like the ideas Arielle shared for Y and Z so we will have to try one of these on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment