Monday, October 7, 2013

Letter U

Cynthia (Nanny):
Today for the letter Uu, we created the next page in our almost complete ABC book. After that, we made a 3D umbrellas on a rainy day picture using cotton balls, cupcake wrappers, and chenille stems.



Arielle (mommy):
Introduction: To introduce the letter U and it's sound, we used the Wee sing App.  It has an animal for each letter and the animal plays an instrument beginning with the letter.  Kids can also play along with the abc song by pushing each letter button as the song plays.


Writing Practice:
I had Lil use yarn to create a U and a u.

Craft:
I had a really hard time finding an animal that we could make in a U shape that begins with the /u/ sound.  I thought about havin Lil make an urchin but didn't think that would be very cute.  I researched umbrella birds and this is the best disguise I could come up with.





No comments:

Post a Comment