Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Letter S

Arielle (mommy):
Introduction:  Because we are talking about taking care of our bodies, and exercise is a big part of that, we brainstormed movements that begin with S.  Then we did the movements.  We enjoyed skipping, sliding, stomping, and stretching.  We made the /s/ sound while doing the exercises.


Writing practice:  I had Lil and O practice writing the letter S by driving their cars on an s shaped street I made out of construction paper.  I could laminate it or make on with felt it I wanted it to last.



Craft:  We made the letter S look like a seahorse, or did we make a seahorse look like the letter s?


Cynthia(Nanny): Letter S 
 
Today we learned about the letter Ss sound. Little sister's name starts with S, so the twins are pretty familiar with this letter, so our focus was mostly on the sound. Here are the activities we did: 
·Letter Ss page for our ABC book

·Skywriting: Really great and fun way to practice letter formation using your pointer finger to write the letters high above your head while you describe the motions.

·S is for stickers: kids love stickers, so I had them practice their fine motor skills by peeling and placing stickers on the letter S. I used them today mostly because of the sound I wanted to teach, but you could use them to decorate any letter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment