Wednesday, September 25, 2013

5 Senses Review: Day 2


Arielle (mommy):
Today we made a book called "My Five Senses".  It included two pages for each sense; "I can smell with my nose.  I like to smell pie."  An so on.  Lil came up with an object that she liked to experience with each sense, then drew it.  For the writing part, we used a variety of strategies, for one page, I had her sound the word out by herself, (she wrote m for music).  For another page,I helped her sound out the word as she wrote, (she wrote blant for blanket).  On another page, I provided her with a word bank that she copied the word from (rainbow).  As we wrote the book, I had Lil tell me the next sense and the body part we use for it.  After the book was complete, we read it together, and I added it to her browsing box.



Cynthia (Nanny): 
Today we used our sense of touch, sight, and smell while we played with shaving cream. The girls really enjoyed this. It's so easy and costs you next to nothing to have your kids do this fun sensory activity. You can have them play on trays, directly on a table, or on foil like I did.  


No comments:

Post a Comment