Monday, September 30, 2013

About Me: My Body

This next unit we will be titled All About Me. We will cover topics including I am unique, TakingUsing  of my body, and My family is special. 


Cynthia (nanny):

Today we reviewed the 5 senses we learned about previously. 

Then we bridged what we learned about senses to discuss different body parts we have and how we can move them. We named body parts that we knew and reinforced ones they weren't too sure about (thigh, ankle,) Those are a bit specific and could be included with leg and foot. 

Next, we played the Hokey Pokey game to reinforce body part names. 

During the day we moved about the house in ways other than walking to see what other ways our body allows us to move.



Arielle (mommy):  Today we talked about the parts of the body by making a "my body" poster.  

I glued the person onto the construction paper, left it on the table during snack time, and went to clean the kitchen.  When I walked back out Lil had taken her carrots and glued them to the poster as hair.  At first I wanted to laugh, then I was annoyed, then I thought it was pretty creative so I let it go.  Lil said she used carrots because she has red hair.  Then she told me "I need some more carrots because I have really long hair."  The poster would be easier to read without the carrots, but oh well.

After she finished making her person, I wrote the body part names on card and had her put them where there was a line pointing to that part.    As I asked her where each part was, O sat at the table and pointed to each part on his body.  





No comments:

Post a Comment