Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Letter N

Letter N is for...
Cynthia (Nanny): After discussing the letter Nn sound and creating our ABC book page,  we made noodle necklaces.  The first time we did this we used yam,  but seeing how I forgot yarn today I had to improvise and use pipe cleaners instead.  

They actually worked alot better in my opinion mostly because they were easier for the girls to thread the noodles through. They had lots of fun and even counted the noodles once they had added a few.  

I was able to see that their one to one matching (touching and counting) has improved.  When they were done I simply twisted the ends together and put it over their heads.  I was worried the ends would be sharp but if you twist it just right,  it's fine.  

They were so sweet and wanted to make necklaces for their Mommy and Daddy also. :)

Arielle (mommy): introduction:  After viewing our letter and picture cards and discussing the sound n makes and words that begin with n, I read the book Newt since that is the art project we are making and the kids are not familiar with this animal.  I haven't read What a Newt Could Do for a Turtle, but it looks like another good option for introducing a newt if you plan on doing the N is for Newt craft and your kids aren't familiar.



Writing Practice:  We used the dry erase board in a different way today.  After I showed Lil how to write N and n, I filled in circles with dry erase marker, then had her put on her glove and practice writing the letters by erasing them into the circle.


Craft: N is for Newt.




No comments:

Post a Comment