Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Snack attack

Arielle (mommy):  
"I'm hungry hungry hungry" from Lil and "I want eat" from O are heard around our house all day long.

When they aren't saying those words they are scavenging through the pantry and raiding the fridge for whatever they can get their hands on.  They don't always make the healthiest choices and sometimes they go for the same foods over and over.

It's nothing super innovative but it's helped me to give each of them a snack pack.  I had Lil help cut fruits and veggies and gather other healthy snacks to put in an empty strawberry container (with the lid cut off).  We put small portions of a variety of foods inside and put it on the bottom shelf inside the door.

Now when Lil tells me she's hungry I tell her to go get something from her snack pack.  Once one food is gone its gone.  If she asks for more of it, I tell her to go look and see what other snack she can have (otherwise she would eat a pound of strawberries in a day!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment