Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sense of Sight: Day 4

Cynthia(Nanny): Day 4: The twins had fun completing some Sesame Street puzzles I made. We focused on turning pieces or moving them around until the picture "looked right" or when they could "see" the characters. To make the puzzles, I first printed images of familiar cartoon characters from the internet. Then I cut them out and pressed them in between contact paper as opposed to laminating them as another option. Last, I cut the picture into 4 pieces (older kids could have more) Very easy to do and kids will love them.

Guru Moment: The girls did become a little frustrated with the pieces moving, so I probably need to create a separate square mat with Velcro strips to hold the pieces in place.


2nd activity: 

For our discovery sensory bottle activity I filled two water bottles with baby oil. You can also use glycerin for better results. 

Then I gathered some items for the girls to add into their bottle. 

After they added all the items I super glued the cap shut and closed the bottle. The girls were then able to shake, move, roll and experiment with the sensory bottles.           



Arielle (mommy):  
It continues to be a very busy week with Lil's 4th birthday coming up this Saturday.  We spent some of the day out shopping for Rapunzel decorations and purple and yellow decorations. I told Lil to use her sense of sight to spot those things in the store.  At one point she asked me if she could feel something and I asked her what sight she would be using if she did that.  She said touch, so it was good to know she retained that from the first week.  Then we discussed how we use our eyes to see, and we don't need to touch.  Here are some of the decorations I made for her party with the purple and yellow things we found. :)




Guru moment: It's important to realize that you don't have to feel guilty when you don't have time to sit down and do an involved project every single day.  There are plenty of wonderful teachable moments that come up just in our everyday activities.  At their young ages, almost everything is a learning opportunity for preschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment