Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Learning/Play Spaces

Our classroom/playroom is a work in progress but here are a few pictures of what it looks like so far: 

Direct teach area: This is where I teach morning meeting, story time, or lessons where I want to display something on the easel. The calendar and pattern chart are cornered off from the rest of the room. To me, by creating nooks, it helps focus attention on different activities. 

Bookshelf: The girls have a great collection of books. Their parents really value reading and learning and it definitely has rubbed off on the girls. They love reading! It's never too late to start collecting books. Try half price stores our even garage sales to start of your collection. 

Dramatic play: They have a play kitchen and two pretend vanity tables. With twins, you really do need two of everything! 

Posters: I found these 5 posters on shapes, colors, letters, numbers, and opposites for about $5 at a teacher supply store. 

Display wall: I strung a clothesline from one corner to the other to make displaying the girls work easy and visible.


There are still other things I need to add in the room. I'd love to get ideas from your child's play room.  

Arielle (mommy):
One of my favorite places for the kids to work is at lap desks on the floor (you can buys these at Michaels or Hobby Lobby, and many other places).  


I love that they have three compartments.  We use one for markers/crayons/scissors, one for trash, and one for finished work.  They really love having their own work space (O really loves to share Lil's also).

Some of our other work spaces are our easel (where we make graphs and do group projects), our play kitchen, our learning tub shelf, and our library area.






No comments:

Post a Comment