Thursday, August 22, 2013

Letter F

Arielle (mommy):
Introduction: For the letter F I introduced the letter with cards, we practiced making the F sound. Next I gave Lil a box of things; fan, dog, fish, fork, cat, cup, ball, and toy french fries.  I had her graph the F objects and not F objects.  O enjoyed helping take the objects out of the basket as well. 



Writing practice: We covered Lil's chalk table (just a regular table we painted with chalk paint) in chalk and I gave her some water and a paintbrush to paint the letter F in the chalk.  She love it!



Letter craft:  For our letter animal we chose to make an F shaped fox.  





Cynthia(Nanny): For our letter F activity we created our page for the ABC book and talked about the sound we heard at the beginning of each picture card. 


























Fishing for letters: 
I drew, cut out, and laminated paper fish. I just used clear contact paper to cover them. Then, using white mailing labels I  wrote letters a-f on the fish bodies. I could have just used Fs but wanted to use all the letters we've learned so far. I attached a paper clip and a chenille stem loop tio act as the hook. Using toy fishing rods I got at a dollar store, the girls fished for letters in our make believe pond. It was great practice for their hand eye coordination as well as letter id. 


No comments:

Post a Comment