Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Science: Sense of Taste

Cynthia (nanny): Today we created our own easy to read book on taste. I wrote in the text " I can taste _____" and explained to the girls that their job would be to glue on pictures of food items they have tasted or like to eat. 

We went through the choices of pictures before we started. On the last page I wrote "My favorite food to taste is_____" so I had them choose their favorite first and then went back to the beginning to glue the rest of the pictures on. 

After the pictures were in place I modeled reading the book to each girl and then challenged then to read it to me. 

Little sister was so excited to try it! She did very well with the predictable text pattern. (I can taste...) 

Big sister was a little hesitant to read on her own but was able to name the food picture after I read the text. With more practice and listening to me read her book to her, she will gain confidence as a reader. 



I can't wait to make more books with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment