Thursday, August 29, 2013

Story Tub: Musical Instruments

Arielle (mommy):
Last week, Lil and O really enjoyed exploring with story tubs and acting out the stories.  I intend to create a story tub each week for them to use during independent play.

This week for our study of sound and instruments we read the story Farmer Joe and the Music Show, it's a rhyming story about animals playing music on a farm.  We also read a nonfiction book all about music and musical instruments: How Does a Piano Make Music.  

For our story tub we included this fiction and nonfiction book, several different musical instruments, and our pattern cards from our sound pattern activity.


Guru moment: If you don't have these books it really doesn't matter!  When I set out to make a story bin for this week all I knew was that I was looking for books about music as I sifted through the books in our home library.  

No comments:

Post a Comment