Friday, August 16, 2013

Letter Review A,B,C,D

Arielle (mommy): Letter review: Since we have learned a few letters its a perfect time for us to review.  I decided to give Lil a letter review activity that went along with today's new letter, D.  I made these letter pages in Word for her to dot paint.  We discussed the letters, sounds, and words that begin with each letter first.  

This was her first time using dot painters and after Lil finished the letter A, I realized she needed some practice/ exploration time.  

I gave her a scrap piece of paper so she could figure out how hard she needed to push and get used to the motion that differs from using a marker or crayon.  

As Lil painted each letter, I reminded her to start on the left and work to the right.  I also encouraged her to start at the top of each letter to reinforce the proper way of writing.  

She enjoyed this activity so much that after she finished the letters Lil dot painted her name.


Cynthia (nanny): For our letter review activity I bought foam dice from the dollar tree, and put computer labels with the four letters written on each side.  

I had the girls take turns rolling the dice and saying the letter name and sound of the letter.  I wanted them to sing the letter song (who let the A out /a/ /a/ /a/ /a/) but they weren't having it.  :)


See more activities for:
Letter A, Letter B, Letter C, Letter D


No comments:

Post a Comment