Thursday, August 29, 2013

Science: Animal Sound Pattern

Cynthia (nanny): 
We are continuing to learn about sound this week. For math, we used some farm animal toys that make animal sounds when you squeeze them to create a pattern. We started with two animals in the pattern which they got easily. 

When we added a third animal they girls were challenged with knowing what comes next. The challenge was good so that I was able to tell what they knew and what they needed my guidance in. 

To help them with understanding order, I split up the three groups of animals and had us all take turns putting our animal into the pattern line. 



Guru moment: 
This way of dividing the items into groups to create the pattern seemed easier for them to grasp, but I know I need to give them more practice with 3 item patterns (ABC patterns).


No comments:

Post a Comment